Friday, November 16, 2018

Memories of My Grams

Tonight I feel like writing about my grams. My cousin Sam from California wrote a facebook post about their grams and it literally transported me back to my childhood memories with my own grams.

When I was little - I would often spend many of nights on the weekend at my grandmother's house. She moved several times during my childhood living in a house, an apartment and a trailer.

I particularly remember one memory where my grams had her living room set up where she had a couch, then a table and very close to her table was her tv. I was always a small child growing up so I could squeeze myself between the glass table and the tv set. I remember fondly my grams always made me peaches and cream oatmeal and putting on Saturday morning cartoons. I would sit in that place for hours watching many shows.

Another fond memory I have is getting to go with my grandmother worked at Uni-Mart as a manager and I got to go to spend the day at work with her. For lunch I got to pick whatever I wanted from the store :)

My grams was always there for me when she was alive. I miss her greatly and I wish she could see the person that I am becoming. I hope that I am making her proud.

My biological mom picked my middle name Lee. My grams name was Lenore but everyone called her Lee. So now through-out the rest of my life I'll carry my grams with me.

Brian Lee

1 comment:

  1. Grandmothers can have a profound impact on the children in their lives. I pray I am creating happy, comforting, and affirming memories in ours.

    I'm sure you Grams is watching you with great pride, and is so happy with the you you are becoming. Plus she's praying you through it all.

    ReplyDelete