Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Never-ending Story



I chose this picture to start of this blog post because it is a powerful statement. "You've got a new story to write. And it looks nothing like your past." Now I'm going to rewrite that statement to personalize that, "Brian, you've got a new story to write. And it looks nothing like your past."

My story doesn't look like the fact that I've been a victim of past traumas of all kinds. My story doesn't look like the fact that I've been to jail for 9 1/2 months. My story doesn't look like the fact I was a drug addict. My story doesn't look like the fact that I've lost everything. My story doesn't look like the fact that I was kicked out of a church I spent over a decade at.

I was going to try and define what my story does look like. I did start to make a list. But then I deleted it. I realized that my story is still being written even as I type this. My God is still working on me. Right now I am able to say I am no longer living as a victim but as a victor and a survivor. I have been out of jail since my release in June of 2017 (many of the people who were released after me have since returned multiple times already). I am in active recovery and just celebrated 6 months and 7 days (I only have a daily reprieve from active addiction, it's a just for today program). I may not have everything back but I have permanent supportive housing and some material possessions and I'll be going back to school in the fall. I gained a pastor who has been an angel and instrumental in my path to transforming and healing spiritual & I have an amazing church that has been there for me.

My story continues to be written each day that I wake up and with each breath that I take. It is written with each new mistake I make and learn from.

I have a new story to write and it looks nothing like my past!

My dear friends.....

YOU HAVE A NEW STORY TO WRITE AND IT LOOKS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING LIKE YOUR PAST!

Be Blessed!

Brian Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment