Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Tomorrow is Testosterone Day

Tomorrow is Testosterone Day

I cannot believe the day is tomorrow. I cannot believe it has finally come you'all. IT IS BASICALLY HERE! Where has the last four weeks gone?

This has been a long road for me in some ways. In other ways it has been a short road. Let me explain.

Basically I was assigned a gender at birth (female) that I do not align with at all. So I was never really a female but I was raised up and socialized as a female and did was society expected of me. But I never really felt at home. I always had more guy friends than girls. So in that way it has been a long road for me.

Since I was kicked out of my church of a decade - it propelled me into a journey without religion or the church into a 4 month period of self love and self discovery. This journey led me to begin to question my gender identity more closely. It was in October of last year that I realized in fact that I was transgender and here we are a total of 8 months after being kicked out and I'll be starting hormones.

Now I wouldn't be starting hormones I believe if I hadn't found a faith that allowed me to come out as queer and accept myself as a transgender male. My faith also allowed me to accept the fact that testosterone is medicine for my gender dysphoria just like my cymbalta, depakota, latuda, topamax are for my mental health. That testosterone shots are not sin just like my mental health medicines are not sin. They treat a condition, just like the testosterone does. God wants me to love myself to the very best of my ability. If that means going through with medical transition then so be it.

I am so very grateful for the many people who I have in my life that have provided love and support and compassion in this journey to get me to this point. There are way too many of you to name so I refuse to do so for fear of leaving someone out and hurting that person's feelings. There are many physical people in my life, but there are a lot of people through Facebook that I have met. It is true that when we become a believer of Christ we no longer belong to ourselves but to everyone who belongs to God. I am so grateful for everyone who has cheered me on and who has mentored me and who has befriended me and listened to me as this whole process has gone on.

I am most grateful for YOU, the one reading this. You are the reason I am journaling this journey. To give hope to others who will come after me and to give hope to those in the fight. We are BELOVED! Regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity or lack of it, WE ARE GOD'S BELOVED. He loves each of us and know that you will always have a safe place here with me regardless of what is going on in your life or in your particular faith community.

Blessings of Jesus Christ,


Brian Lee


You may email me at: Bornagainchristian2004@yahoo.com. Please put blogger or something having to do with the blog so i know your not a spammer. I check my emails Monday-Thursday and Saturday. 




No comments:

Post a Comment